Hi. My name is Rachel and I am a trustee of the new organisation which is going to be running Devon Libraries. Our organisation is called 'Libraries Unlimited' and its aim is to ensure that all of Devon's 50 libraries not only survive but thrive in the future.
I have worked in the library service for nearly 3 years and I feel like I have finally found my niche. I am passionate about the library service and all that it has to offer our communities. I currently work at Exeter Library and I am lucky enough to have worked at Totnes, Ivybridge, Teignmouth and Newton Abbot Library.
Each of our libraries is unique and provides services to unique communities. I have decided to try and visit each of our libraries over the following weeks - ideally 50 libraries in 50 weeks! I want to connect with each library and find out what is unique and special about each one.
For example, Newton Abbot Library is part of the Passmore Edwards Centre which is a magnificent building in Newton Abbot. It also houses the second largest collection of Railway Studies books and documents in the country, second only to York. That's pretty special!
I intend to visit each library and share on my blog what is special about each one and why you should visit it.
No comments:
Post a Comment